Logo en Global Donate now


Document Details


Print and save

Government document

Extend worker’s permit – Hire temporary foreign workers / Prorogation du permis de travail – Embaucher un travailleur étranger temporaire




Citizenship and Immigration Canada



Full text

Extend worker’s permit – Hire temporary foreign workers
If you wish to extend employment for a temporary foreign worker beyond the date on the work permit, your employee must apply for an extension of their work permit. In addition, you may also need to first apply for a new labour market opinion.

Your employee must also apply to change the conditions of their permit if the conditions of work change.

The worker should apply at least 30 days before the date on which their original work permit will expire to extend or change the terms and conditions of the existing work permit.

To learn more about what your employee has to do, see Temporary foreign workers: Extending your stay. If this does not answer your questions, contact the Call Centre.

File Attachments


Economic sectors

General relevance - all sectors

Content types

Policy analysis and Current Policy

Target groups

(Im)migrants workers and Employers, agencies and their representatives

Geographical focuses

Federal and National relevance

Spheres of activity

Law and Management of human resources


French and English